5th Gen 4Runner Low Profile Rear Plate Bumper DIY Kit
$720.38 – $2,697.88
- CNC-Laser cut Weld-together kit – detailed assembly instructions included
- Slim profile is engineered to provide maximum ground clearance and complement the factory body lines – trimming of stock plastic bumper required
- Heavy-duty 3/16″ plate steel construction for maximum offroad strength and durability
- Optional 1/4″ 5052 aluminum construction for a lightweight yet very durable overlanding setup (66lb weight savings)
NO REFUNDS, NO RETURNS
Coast OffRoad 5th Gen 4Runner Low Profile Rear Plate Bumper DIY Kit
- Optional 2″ hitch receiver is angled for a clean look and further clearance gains
- Mounts directly to frame using 14 factory mounting points – no drilling required.
- Reinforced 9/16″ thick clevis mounts allow the use of 3/4″ D-Rings
- All kits ship as clean, bare metal that is ready to weld out of the box – the Nitrogen laser cutting technology means no cutting edge oxidation and thus easier and stronger welds
- Optional Swing out tire carrier with hilift jack mount and locking dual NATO can holder
- Steel base bumper weight: 130lbs
- Aluminum base bumper weight: 64 lb
This is a low profile weld-together plate bumper kit for the 5th gen Toyota 4Runner (2010-2020). With the 5th Gen, Toyota left a lot to be desired when it comes to fitting a clean, high clearance rear bumper. The stock bumper extends way up the sides of the body and there is a bulky frame cross member located behind the rear liftgate. Both of these factors make it very difficult to maximize ground clearance and maintain a low bumper profile. After many design iterations, we settled on a bumper that leaves your frame crossmember fully intact and keeps the top section of the stock plastic bumper valence. By doing this, we feel that we have achieved a very tidy bumper profile that will complement the lines of your 4Runner as well as provide maximum ground clearance and departure angles. This also means that no frame modification of any kind is required.
The end result is a bumper that features entirely bolt-on construction, mounting holes for the removable 2″ hitch receiver, and excellent protection from trail obstacles, trees and distracted drivers. The low profile design has also resulted in very reasonable weights of 130lbs for the steel bumper and 64lbs for the aluminum version.
The swing-out tire carrier comes in either a single or dual-sided configuration and is built to accept a tire up to 35″ in diameter. Both carriers include mounting brackets for a hilift jack and other recovery items. The dual swing-out includes the hilift mount, as well as a lockable jerry, can holder designed to fit two 20L NATO-style jerry cans. These carriers feature heavy-duty double Heim joint hinges, 2000lb toggle latches, T-handle spring pins, and a replaceable UHMW catch pad that provides secure, rattle-free operation. The Heim joints in conjunction with the toggle latch provide tons of adjustability, allowing for easy assembly and guaranteed alignment of the carrier latch. The single swing-out add-on weighs 34lbs and the dual swing-out add-on with gas can holder weighs 77lbs.
Forget the outrageous lead times of many bumper options that are measured in months. All of our bumper kits ship within 3-10 business days.
As for welding, with everything designed using CAD software and then CNC laser-cut to size, the pieces fit together perfectly and this makes for a very simple assembly process. All kits come with detailed instructions with plenty of clearly labeled diagrams that are made using cutting-edge CAD software. This bumper kit is well within the ability of a novice welder and many customers have purchased it as their very first welding project with great results! This is made possible by the clean parts fit-ups and thick material. These are two factors that make welding significantly easier. Welding is one of those skills that is easier to learn than you may think and once you can do it, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it. Alternatively, many individuals buy the kits and then have a local welder assemble it for them. Even in this case, it typically ends up being less expensive than buying a pre-fabricated bumper – especially after considering the lower shipping costs of our kits vs. fully assembled bumpers.
1" Body Lift, 2" Body Lift, No Body Lift
|Swing Out Tire Carrier:||
None, Single, Dual
|Toyota||4Runner||2010 - 2021|